Quotes on "The Liberal Media"
- "I admit it : The liberal media were never that powerful
and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for
- "I've gotten balanced coverage and broad coverage - all we could have asked. ... For heaven sakes, we kid about the liberal media, but every republican on earth does that."
- "You know, I could run
for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office."
George W. Bush, 1989
- "There's a big conservative press unabashedly and for the
Democrats and even people to the left of the Democratic party, there's
almost virtually no outlets that you can compare with the vast array of conservative press that's out there."
President Bill Clinton
- "Watching Fox, that's like watching the Cartoon Network. Fox is nuts."
- "Well, I have a message for the nameless
, gutless whimperers out there. Quit whining. Unlike some other shows,
we here at CROSSFIRE actually present both sides of the issue. ... Look, if you want namby-pamby one-sided arguments go to Fox."
- "Republicans now have their own network in Fox, so guys who don't like to answer questions, like Trent Lott, have a place to go to hit softballs."
- "In 1942 the media went out of its way to hide the fact that FDR couldn't walk.
In 2002 the media goes out of its way to hide the fact that Bush cannot think.
Chris Andersen (net)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for
good men to do nothing."
"Repetition is the lynchpin of propaganda."